| SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
- Rubin, R. T., Gouin, P. R., Poland, R. E., and Arenander, A. T., Luteinizing hormone and testosterone secretion during sleep in normal adult men, Sleep Res. 2:23-33, 1973.
- Rubin, R. T., Gouin, P. R., Arenander, A. T., and Poland, R. Human growth hormone release during sleep following prolonged flurazepam administration. Res. Comm. Chem. Path. Pharmacol. 6:331-334, 1973
- D. Lehmann, R. Hebert, M. Koukkou and Arenander A. T. Theta Bursts of High Amplitude and Vigilance Level during Transcendental Meditation. Sleep Research Abst. 5:137, 1976.
- Arenander, A. T., and de Vellis, J.: Glial-released proteins in clonal cultures and their modulation by hydrocortisone. Brain Res. 200:401-419, 1980.
- Arenander, A. T., and de Vellis, J.: Glial-released proteins II. Two dimensional electrophoretic indentification of proteins regulated by hydrocortisone. Brain Res. 224: 105-116, 1981.
- Arenander, A. T., and de Vellis, J.: Glial-released proteins III. Influence on neuronal morphological differentiation. Brain Res. 224: 117-127, 1981.
- Arenander, A.T., B. Lou, W. Sheppard, W. L. Van Zandt, R. S. Hernandez and D. Krieger. Analysis of EEG Coherence During Spontaneous Respiratory Suspension. Soc. Neurosci. Abst. 15:867, 1985.
- Arenander, A. T. Brain state and attentional mechanisms in the transition to a de-excited state of consciousness: A neuro-psychological model of transcending. Soc. Neurosci. Abst. 16:1446, 1986.
- Hernandez, R. S., Arenander, A. T. and Boyer, R. W. EEG coherence and intelligence in children. Soc. Neurosci. Abst. 17:467, 1987.
- Hernandez, R. S., Boyer, R. W. and Arenander, A. T. EEG coherence and IQ: Gender differences in normal children Am. Psych. Soc. Abst. 1988.
- Hernandez, R. S., Arenander, A. T., Sheppard, W.D., Boyer, R. W. and Dillbeck, M. C. Frontal Coherence and intelligence: A positive correlation. Soc. Neurosci. Abst. 14:1013, 1988.
- Arenander, A. T., de Vellis, J. and Herschman, H. R., State Transition in Astrocyte Physiology: Early Nuclear Events. In symposium, "Function and Metabolism of Astrocytes." Trans. Am. Soc. Neurochem. 19:23, 1988.
- Arenander, A. T., de Vellis, J. and Herschman, H. R. Panel organizer. The role of proto-oncogenes in the development and function of the brain. Winter Conf. Brain Res. Abst. 22:8 1989
- Arenander, A. T., Lim, R. W., Varnum, B. C., Cole, R., de Villis, J., and Herschman, H. R.: TIS gene expression in cultured rat astrocytes: Induction by mitogens and stellations agents. J. Neurosci. Res. 23: 247-256, 1989.
- Arenander, A. T., Lim, R. W., Varnum, B. C., Cole, R., de Vellis, J., and Herschman, H. R.: TIS gene expression in cultured rat astrocytes: Multiple pathways of induction by mitogens. J. Neurosci. Res. 23:257-265, 1989.
- Arenander, A. T., de Vellis, J. and Herschman, H. R.: Induction of c-fos and TIS genes in cultured rat astrocytes by neurotransmitters. J. Neurosci. Res. 24: 107-114, 1989.
- Arenander, A. T. and deVellis, J. Early response genes as potential mediators of phenotypic commitment during glial cell development. Symp. Reg. Gene Expr. Dev. Regen. Intl. Soc. Dev. Nerosci. Abst. 1990.
- DeVellis, J. and Arenenader, A. Neuronal signals induce c-fos and other early response genes in astrocytes: Interaction among signal transduction pathways. Stanford Centennial Symp. Abst. July 10, 1991, Hong Kong.
- Cheng, J., Arenander, A. and de Vellis, J. Distinct induction patterns of c-fos and other early response genes by insulin, hydrocortisone in glial cells. Soc. Neurosci. Abst. Nov 10, 1991, New Orleans.
- Arenander, A. T., Expression Patterns of Transcription Factors during Glial Development. Trans. Am. Soc. Neurochem 23:377, Houston, TX, March 1992.
- Arenander, A.T., Transcription Factor Network Control of Glial Cell Development. Intl. Soc. Neurosci., 1993.
- Scully, S., A. T. Arenander and J. deVellis. Expression of Id-Related Helix-Loop-Helix Genes in Developing Rat Brain. Intl. Soc. Dev. Biol. 10:66, 1994
- Arenander, A. T., Global Neural Ground State: Coherent Brain Mechanisms Associated with Transcendental consciousness. Toward a Science of Consciouness Abst. 1996 "Tuscon II."
- Travis, F., Tecce, J., Arenander, A, and R. Wallace, Patterns of EEG coherence, power, and contingent negative variation characterize the integration of transcendental and waking states, Biol Psychol. XX: 1-27, 2002.
- Arenander, A., CAM Modalities: Changing Your Brain, Your Behavior, and Your Body, The Centers for Disease Control Annual Prevention Conference “Investing in Health, the Dollars and Sense of Prevention” Chairing the session on Current Trends in Complementary and Alternative Medicine as Tools for the Prevention and/or Treatment of Chronic Diseases, Washington, D.C., February, 2003
- Arenander, A., Transcendental Meditation for Improved Neurocardiac Health, Third Annual Mind and Heart: National Medical Conference, Institute for Natural Medicine and Prevention, Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield, Iowa, and the School of Medicine at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, November, 2003
- Arenander, A., Substance Abuse and the Brain, Georgetown University, Ideal Charter School, and The Convenant House, Washington, D.C.; Iowa Governor’s Office of Drug Control Policy, Des Moines, IA; Trinidad and Tobago Ministry of Education, Spring & summer, 2004
- Travis, F., Arenander, A., and Dubois, D., Psychological and physiological characteristics of a proposed object referral/self-referral continuum of Self-awareness, Consciousness and Cognition, 13: 401-420, 2004
- Arenander, A., Mapping the Prefrontal Cortex: Implications for Treating the Traumatic Brain Injury Survivor, The Brain Injury Association of Iowa, 12th Annual Conference, Des Moines, IA, March, 2004.
- Arenander, A., What is Human Potential? Myths, Maps & Methods, The Use of Meditation to Develop Higher States of Human Development through Brain Integration, Coudert Institute, Palm Beach, Florida, April, 2004
- Arenander, A., Nourish Your Brain: Preventing Alzheimer’s Disease through AyurVedic Strategies. Six-part seminar, The Raj AyurVedic Medical Center, Fairfield, IA, June/July, 2004.
- Arenander, A., Nourishing the Brain—AyurVedic Approaches to Successful Aging and Prevention of Alzheimer’s Disease, Jackson Hole Wyoming, August, 2004
- Travis, F., and A. Arenander, Meditation-Effects on Frontal EEG Patterns and Personality Traits: Longitudinal Investigation of the Influence of Transcendental Meditation Practice on Interhemispheric Alpha Asymmetry and Broadband Coherence, Biological Psychology, Submitted, 2004.